Sunday 15 September 2013

Reflecting on Summer Bourjois


Summer is over (sigh) and I don't think I'm the only one to have noticed that Bourjois has been totally knocking it out of the park when it came to their summer offering. So much so that my make up collection grew significantly while my bank balance unfortunately went the other way.



The number 03 was my first foray into cream blush and I'm not ashamed to say was one of those products that I picked up after being inundated with reviews on other blogs. I really like the finish of that this product gives, going from a blendable cream to a powder finish. There is a slight shimmer and it is very buildable to give that pop of colour. I think this will transition well into Autumn as the colour resembles that flush of colour one might get on a wind swept Autumnal day.





This was one of those products that I wasn't looking for but upon spying it I knew it had to be mine. These photos in the sun show it as a bright orange but it is a pale coral/bright peach that screams summer. 

The brush is amazing making sure that enough product is placed on the nail and in one sweep covers everything. The formula is good and whilst one coat gives great coverage it is a little streaky although the second coat totally sorts that out. A Seche Vite top coat makes this so glossy and long lasting. I've enjoyed having this lovely colour on my nails this summer.


The lipstick offering this summer was great and every blogger in the land was shouting from the roof tops about the Shine collection and the Colour Boost lip crayons. Above I have swatched the two that I picked up (this was me reigning myself in) on the left is Shine Edition in Colour 24 and to the right is the Colour Boost lip crayon in 'Peach on the Beach'.


The Shine collection caught my eye as I had continuously swatched the red offering that they launched earlier in the year but red lips are just not my thing. These are moisturising and seriously glossy with a shimmer running through. They are very similar to the Revlon lip butters.

The Colour Boost crayons are the latest Clinique Chubby Stick dupes. I loved this shade the moment I saw it. One sweep gives a feint glossy sheen and a second coat gives a brighter coral lip - the type that boys don't understand but girls compliment. 
I really like the pens as they are so easy to apply and are glossier than the Revlon offerings as well as not having that horrible minty flavour.



I also picked up the Bourjois Bronzing Primer which I reviewed here.

Have you picked up any new favourites from Bourjois recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment