Monday 29 July 2013

USA Beauty Haul


It took all of a nano-second after my flight across the Atlantic was booked before I started thinking about what goodies I would be picking up from the US of A! This little lot was all picked up in one glorious 45 minute sweep around ULTA (thanks to my cousin) where I worshipped at the alter of all things beauty. It is the US version of Boots and it was amazing!


In the end I didn't stick to things that were just available in the US and so managed to grab a few bargains. The EOS lip balm was a mere $3.99 when it is £5.00 here and this is the pomegranate flavour. Love love love this and it got a lot of compliments when I whipped it out through out the trip. 

I have been wanting the Urban Decay eyelid primer for a while and so this $12 bargain was never going to be left behind. 

In my head I was after Essie but who can resist a 3 for 2 on OPI especially when they are also $9 a pop! This little collection includes Cajun Shrimp (the red/orange), Mr & Mrs Mimosa (the nude) and finally I'm All Ears (the pink) from the Minnie Mouse collection. I am going to do a separate post on these so that I can show the colours properly. I was so excited about finding these. 

Then there are the L'Oreal purchases. The voluminous carbon black mascara is something I haven't seen in the UK and was recommended by my cousin. This gives some serious length and piled on goes some way to giving the bold lashes that I covet. This has already been re-ordered via the in-laws who are in the States now. 

It was really hard to choose drug store make up over there because there are NO TESTERS! What that is about I do not know and it was very annoying and not something I am used to. As a result I played safe and didn't go too crazy which I think my credit card was happy about. These colour riche balms from L'Oreal give a sheer wash of coral and pink colour which are perfect for me and my phobia of bold lips. 

The photo doesn't show the Real Technique eye and face brush collections that I also managed to sneakily pick up and again they were definitely a little cheaper than here in the UK.

If only the luggage allowance hadn't been so restrictive!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE L'Oreal's voluminous carbon black mascara. Your right it gives lashes the perfect vava-voom without looking too cakey. It gives the falsie look without the falsie's. Great US haul!

    justina @ justinawho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete