Friday 12 July 2013

Bourjois Bronzing Primer

Do you ever just pop into Boots and then end up with a couple of purchases that were never intended? Yeah that...

I had seen reviews of this on Sunday Girl and Gemsmaquillage as well as a few other blogs and so it wasn't a surprise that this accidentally made its way into my shopping basket and onto my dressing table. I have been coveting the Soleil Tan de Chanel *remembering that 5 lustful minutes in duty free where my head did finally overrule my heart (or my bank account)* and rumours are that this is a pretty could dupe.



This isn't like a cream blush or a mousse like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse its more of a whipped cream consistency. It smells of chocolate orange, which was an unexpected surprise and luckily the scent doesn't transfer onto the skin once it has been applied. 


I had anticipated using this as a product to contour on my 'summer' face but I have actually been using this as an all over bronzer. I'm not sure the colour would be right for my skin all year, but right now it is pretty much a good colour booster and isn't looking orange. I've applied using both fingers and a stippling brush and have been happy with both finishes.

This product has currently replaced my trusted and much loved Bobbi bronzer. I don't think this is shimmery at all, but it doesn't provide the same matte finish of the Bobbi. I can use this on top of my Laura Mercier tinted mosituriser and still feel like it is just my skin but better, perfect for lazy summer days and more importantly lazy summer make up!

Have you tried this product or anything else for this range? Do you have any other recommendations for that coveted summer glow?

No comments:

Post a Comment