Wednesday 2 January 2013

Bodyshop Haul

The Bodyshop is one of those place I firmly remember as a teenage favourite, which evokes memories of white musk, strawberry shower gel and body butters in an array of sickly scents and pastel colours. The shop had indeed fallen out of my favour and I rarely visited it. But this has changed....

My friend recently hosted a Bodyshop party and whilst the classics above are still firmly available I have to say I was really impressed with loads of the new collections, scents and the quality of the make up. I walked in and as a total beauty junkie I was like a kid in a candy shop and ready to feed my addiction.


I found it so difficult to restrain myself as your able to have a real play with all of the products in the comfort of your own (or friends home) with a glass of wine and loads of girly chat. I ended up ordering this little lot and when it was delivered it was like a mini Christmas Day!!!

  • Pink grapefruit body oil
  • Ginger sparkle shower gel and hand cream
  • Gold shimmer dust
  • Eyeshadow quad in smoky moonstone (not pictured)
  • Sandalwood and Ginger essential oil
I don't want to do a full review of every product in this post because some of them deserve a little more attention but I do want to mention the essential oil. I was so excited to see that Bodyshop had embraced home fragrance and the rep had a few of the scents to sniff. I have a little oil burner at home and anything with the heady scent of sandalwood and ginger is a winner in my book. This creates a warming enveloping scent perfect for cold dark nights. I have also used this to scent my radiators by dabbing on cotton wall and rubbing over the front. When our central heating turns on it fills every room with its feint scent which is so nice, rather than using fake plug ins! My next plan is to do the same things on my car fans. They also have this scent in a reed diffuser and scented candle, both of which are now on my wish list.


I loved the smell of the pink grapefruit range, it is quite strong but is clean and refreshing. The rep said that you can put this on straight out of the shower and just let it soak in, but my skin is so dry that I can use this as a normal moisturiser and still don't get any sort of oily film on myself, clothes or bedding. I wouldn't say this is a nourishing as a normal cream based body moisturiser and is actually quite summery so I'm looking forward to trying this again when the weather heats up. 


1 comment:

  1. The body shop is one of my favourite shops and I always pick something up,I love the smell of the ginger sparkle shower gel, I picked it up just before Christmas and I am loving it! I have just gave you a follow and it would mean a lot if you could take a look at my new blog www.itsjustdaria.blogspot.co.uk! I am looking forward to your next post, Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete