Monday 10 December 2012

Christmas Tag!


Hello!

I have found this Christmas Tag going around, and the first one I read was from Beauty Becky and it seems it originated from Georgina at Makeup-Pixi3 (credit to her for the picture), who I have also now subscribed to!

It is one of the first tags I've got involved in so I am excited to share it with you.

As a kid I loved Christmas (obviously) and every year I try to re-create a small amount of that magic, and this year I am getting crafty. Can't wait to show you a couple of things that I have been making to get my home looking festive. I've also been pinning like crazy on my Christmas pinterest board.

So let me tell you a little bit about why Christmas is still one of my favourite times of the year.

What is your favourite thing about Christmas?

Hot chocolate, mulled wine, hats and gloves, Christmas lights and champagne...lots of champagne.

What is your favourite make up look for the festive season?

All that glitters. I'm a firm believer that over the festive season the more glitter the better.

Real tree or fake tree?

100% real tree! Although we won't be getting one this year as we are going away for a week between Christmas and New Year and I don't want to come back to a dead tree so it will be the fake one for us this year.

Giving presents or receiving presents?

As a child it was always receiving presents of course and I still love the joy of a beautifully wrapped gift with my name on it, particularly if whats in it is from the approved birthday list! Although when we were younger we were all given a small sum of money, I think it was £10 to spend £5 on each of our siblings. I would spend a long time thinking about what to get them with my small fortune and opening them on Christmas eve, when we were all so EXCITED before the big man himself would show up.

As an adult I still get such great joy in searching for, wrapping and giving the perfect gift, something I think you can only appreciate when you are grown up. But I like to think that this came from my early appreciation of buying presents for my brother and sister.

Do you open your Christmas presents morning or evening?

Of course as Santa comes down the chimney very early Christmas morning, and leaves presents in your stocking these have to be opened as early as possible Christmas morning. 

But our tradition is that other presents from friends and family would be opened in the afternoon after lunch (well actually after the Queen's speech). I do really really like this, as it spreads out the excitement of Christmas day for that little bit longer. Testing when you are  7 years old that's for sure!

Handmade Christmas cards or bought?

If only there was time to hand make cards! Maybe one day, but for now it's shop brought Christmas cards. Often from the sales the year before ready for the next.

What is your favourite Christmas film?

Home Alone. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

What is your favourite Christmas food?

David's nan makes the most amazing biscuit cake and every year she makes special Christmas versions which form the centre piece of David's parents Christmas table. She now makes us one, and I feel such pride when I use it as the centre piece for mine. As I said above, David and I are starting to make our own traditions and this feels like one. It is also AMAZING and we eat so much of it over the festive period!!!


I love this tag! It has gotten me even more excited for Christmas now! I tag all of you to do this and please link it below so I can read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment