Monday 5 November 2012

How To Look The Best At Everything

 The last time I brought anything from Benefit was well over 2 years ago when I lived in London and worked in Angel so was a regular at the gorgeous Benefit boutique on Upper Street!

As I mentioned in my last post I booked myself in for a little make up session at the Benefit counter to get a feel for some of the 'new' products and see if there was anything worth spending my hard earned money on - which wasn't hard. 

As well as the Gloss in my last post, I also brought the 'How To Look The Best At Everything' make up kit. 




The 'book' style case as well as looking totally cute on my new dressing tables contains a 7.5ml POREfessional, a 7ml Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! foundation in Honey, 2 x 1.5g boi-ing concealers in shades 02 and 03 and 4g of the Hello Flawless pressed powder in Honey.

For £24 I think you get quite a lot of product, particularly as I really wanted to try them out before committing to the full purchase of some of these products. 


POREfessioal is one of those products that I hear raved about all the time, but have yet to try...until now. When I got married I chickened out of buying this and instead brought a Loreal Studio primer instead. I thought this was perfectly OK but after trying this I would not repurchase the cheaper product! It gave my skin an amazing softness which allowed the foundation to glide on so smoothly and left my skin looking almost flawless and more importantly that look lasted all day.

I loved the look of the foundation after my trial, it gives amazing coverage without any cakey feel, instead giving the gorgeous dewy glow that I crave, and is often unachievable without a little high beam highlighter, but this achieved it. The powder set it beautifully without looking over the top.

Oh boi-ing, why oh why did I ever stop buying you! By far one of the best concealers and this little pack has reminded me of this. Not chalky and gets rid of redness and dark circles in one for me. It is quite oily, but that suits my dry skin. A little goes a long long way, and so I can see these 2 little pots actually lasting quite a while.

It was definitely worth buying this to trial the products, so much so that my mother in law is travelling to America in the next couple of weeks and I put the primer, foundation and powder on my Christmas list for her to pick up while she is there!

I have loved re-discovering an old friend, is there anything else you think I should be trying?

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. i lovr benefit's sets like this... i have a few now and i love them! xx

    ReplyDelete